Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tap Tap Swing Jive


Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire
A secret wish, since I was a tiny girl, was to be a singer... however I was gifted with neither the voice nor the confidence to fulfill this rather idealistic dream!

Adding to my list of virtues - two left feet... oh the cruelty! I can quite happily bop about at a disco, but when it comes to learning routines and moves... my, it quite goes out the window - dignity and all! Recently though, I have been going to dancing classes at University, learning Jive and Salsa (!) Its not quite as bad as I thought - I might even admit that i am enjoying clomping my way through basic moves. The next G. R. though...? Perhaps not!

(More wishes) ; that I was a slender and graceful ballet dancer, that I could do gymnastics, that I could sing beautifully, that I could play harp and drums. That's all at the moment.

p.s developed a roll of film today all by myself - going in earlier tomorrow to make prints! A day is always so much lovelier if you have something to look forward to, don't you think?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment