Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hair hair





Being a student of little income, I thought it would be especially clever, save money, and give my fringe a trimming. It was getting in my eyes, which is jolly annoying and after all, how hard can it be to cut in a straight line? 

5 minutes later, I had managed to hack off half of it in the most unsymmetrical way imaginable, and decided to stop before making it any worse. Fortunately, my lovely hairdresser and her sharp scissors managed to salvage the ruins and now, even though it is a lot shorter than before, it looks quite snazzy, do you think, maybe a little more interesting? My hair is rather dull, its been in the same 'long with a fringe' style for years now, and although I used to get blonde highlights in my high school days I have let it grow back to its dark blonde/light brown mousy colour. Mama always says "People pay lots to get hair that colour" - but I don't quite believe it. There are so many more beautiful colours: white blonde, black, dark brown, and red - oh I have always had a leaning towards red hair, heightened significantly after being introduced to the character of Anne Shirley. The last month has had me thinking of dying my hair a rich auburn brown/red, but I just know it won't turn out the way I hope it too, and to be honest, I don't think I am quite brave enough to make such change! When I look at these pictures though, its almost enough to convince me, sigh!  



            


 A. x

No comments:

Post a Comment