Monday, June 11, 2012

The Leonardo House









A long time ago, Rosie and I ventured out into the hills, she wore her grandmothers wedding dress. We visited an amazing, huge old abandoned mansion in the bay, that belonged to my great-great-grandparents long-ago. It was a lovely day. Here are some of the collection of film photographs that I have been slowly printing over the years. 

Today I did a huge clean-out, DIY session in my darkroom, and finally I have all the equipment I need to start experimenting here in the comfort of my own little home-village. Its located in a laundry out the back of an old historic cottage and I was skittish and terrified much of the time I was there because 1) The cottage was cold and empty and old & its probably haunted 2) I am a scaredy cat when I am by myself and 3) There were mannequins staring at me from a window, and mannequins are just undeniably creepy. But now I am home by my warm open fire and I am not scared anymore. 

Tomorrow I am going to make some prints from a film I developed today - they don't look particularly promising, but never mind: I am going to stay at my darling friends house this weekend who I have persuaded to model for me so I should have some new shots to play with soon. 

A. x

No comments:

Post a Comment